Senior Air Planning Associate
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Job Description - Senior Air Planning Associate
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
You'll have the opportunity to:
On the export side:
- Manage the capacity of Flexport charter flights and Block Space Agreements in the region you oversee, ensuring we fulfill them
- Decide on the best consolidation of shipments to optimize margins and deliver a build plan to the warehouse team
- Contribute to build Flexport air export planning processes & tools
- Manage excess / shortage versus our allocated capacity with the airline: procure extra capacity, ask partners to contribute, etc.
- Plan the freight build up to maximize consolidation benefits & Flexport margin for our airline allocations & charters
- Communicate loading plan to warehouse operations team
- Communicate consolidation to other regional planning teams
- Monitor incoming consolidations from other regions and coordinate actions across squads to secure on time breakdown and distribution of consolidation shipments
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Full fluency in English, Mandarin (and Cantonese a plus)
- An internal track record of success in an operational or planning role;
- Very structured and with high level of energy;
- Strong analytical background and full mastery of analytical tools (Excel, etc.);
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Next-level attention to detail;
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
- Previous experience in Forwarder or Airline Space Control / Revenue Management / Export or Import Planning a plus.